The Community Building is a large two-story stone building with a full basement. Built in 1936, with WPA funds and renovated in the 1960s to add restrooms on the main floor and a kitchen facility.
During the early 1940s, the basement was used as a roller rink just prior to the famous Bishop Gunstock Company leasing the facility. The Bishop Gunstock Company occupied the basement of the building for some 50 years until 1993. Since that time, the city has used the basement facility as an economic development industrial/manufacturing incubator to assist small businesses prior to them moving into larger facilities.
A full court gymnasium floor has seen many a basketball game on the main floor of the building. During February, the Lions Club holds its annual week long basketball tournament. Many Warsaw high school alumni played here before the school district had a facility.
The stage area has given many a parent a proud moment as they saw their child either perform or receive certificates of honor.
Current Community Building
The building is used now for various events, such as weddings, receptions of all types, reunions, other family gatherings, auctions, dances, dinners, and year-round recreation programs. To rent the facility contact the city offices.
The main floor of the building also houses the city offices for administration, city utility services, economic development, and public works director. Located on the lower level are municipal court services, police department, and the parks and recreation director, as well as the council chamber.